Friday 13 January 2017

FREEBIE FRIDAY- Le Rouge Perfecto Givenchy lipstick product review

I received this little beauty in the post the other day and it's so cute, I love it! There were two sample choices in the Le Rouge a-porter range. Naturally, I opted for the coral type colour as I already have so many red lippies, I really don't need anymore. I loved everything about the Le Rouge Perfecto Givenchy lipstick from the packaging to the lippie itself. Le Rouge Perfecto Givenchy lipstick came all wrapped up in a small sophisticated black leather slip case lovingly wrapped in tissue paper. The tiny sample size came in the ever so cute trademarked Givenchy lippie looking very suave and sophisticated in the small silver case with twist bottom. The full sized tube (which is about 2ml) retails at around £30 (or $36) and looks just as elegant as its sample tube! Personally, I wouldn't usually spend so much on a lippie but Le Rouge Perfecto Givenchy lipstick range really is something else. Not only are you paying for the name but you're also paying for the loving care and attention that Le Rouge lipsticks come in. Unfortunately, the information that I received with my freebie doesn't detail the shades or colours. If you search Perfecto onto the Sephora website it comes up with the fuchsia counterpart so I'm sure what the exact shade of my freebie is called.

There appears to be numerous shades on the Sephora website (something my friends rave about but I've yet to visit), but the chosen samples were between Le Rouge, Le Rouge a-porter and Le Rouge Perfecto which of course do not seem to resemble the true colours of the lipstick. My Le Rouge Perfecto goes onto the lips as more of a coral colour but when photographed, or out of the tube, resembles more of a pale pink colour instead. Le Rouge Perfecto glides onto the lips seamlessly as it's quite a creamy lipstick although it did initially feel a little greasy on the lips. Surprisingly, Le Rouge Perfecto doesn't slip of the lips particularly easy and stayed put for quite a while.

Le Rouge Perfecto is a very subtle coral colour which I was initially unsure about what it would like against my pale complexion but it really seemed to compliment my skin tone.  If anything Le Rouge Perfecto is more of a subtle peachy colour rather than a garish coral which is what I had thought it might be. I really liked the Le Rouge Perfecto Givenchy freebie and I can't recommend it enough. It's a definite keeper for me!

Did you receive your free sample of Le Rouge range? Let me know in the comments below which one you received and what you thought of it xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...