Sunday 29 May 2016

Original Source Mint Tea Tree Oil and Lynx Man Washer Shower Tool product reviews

I had my first ever professional wax at the grand old age of 24 recently. Don't get me wrong I've waxed before with cold strips, hot sugar wax (see my Sally Hansen review here), used hair removal cream in abundance, epilated and shaved so it's not like I'm not familiar with hair removal. I am however an absolute wuss with pain so I've put off getting a professional wax for so long. Needless to say I totally wussed out getting waxed but that's another story. As part of a deal, I got an underarm, half leg and Brazilian wax and all were fine except for the Brazilian wax. A few days after the wax I developed something which I later Googled and found out was called folliculitis. The horrible part of folliculitis if you don't know what it is (I didn't until recently) is that I developed small painful spots on a rather intimate area where the follicles had previously been. Some people don't develop this reaction at all, some have it quite mild, I had a very severe case of it. You're told no to touch them or squeeze them but I had to do something so I actually did get rid of mine by doing that.

I had however read on the internet that Tea Tree Oil is the remedy rather than picking them which encourages scarring. Rather than applying raw Tea Tree Oil to the affected area (which I didn't think would have been the best idea) I went on a rampage for some Original Source shower gel. I misread the bottle and was lured in by the bright green liquid in the bottle so I assumed I had picked up Tea Tree Oil only. When I first used it however it became apparent that what I had picked up was the Mint and Tea Tree Oil infused shower gel. The Mint is really quite overpowering and is very strong when you're showering. As Mint and Tea Tree Oil are both natural products however I was happy to carry on using the two ingredients. I've been using the Original Source Mint Tea Tree Oil for about four weeks now and there's been no further bouts of folliculitis to report. Prior to my next wax I planned to use the Original Source Mint Tea Tree Oil to see if this can prevent the folliculitis recurring. So far so good after having my second wax. There were a few small spots this time but nothing compared to the discomfort from last time. I think from now on I'll definitely use the before waxes and the tea tree oil really seems to prevent the folliculitis from returning.

I also bought the Lynx Man Washer Shower Tool, essentially a double sided robust loofah that really gets to work and scrubs off the dirt. It annoys me slightly that the Lynx Man Washer Shower Tool are marketed solely for men and women instead get the flimsy, delicate loofah's that unravel easily. Stererotyping aside I really liked the Lynx Man Washer Shower Tool. There's a rough scrubbing side that can be used as an exfoliator and a more robust loofah on the other side. My qualm with this gender specific product however is that it's ergonomically designed so it fits perfectly in your hand regardless of whether your male or female. The Lynx Man Washer Shower Tool is so much easier to use than a flimsy loofah that is usually geared towards women. At around £4 as well the Lynx Man Washer Shower Tool is a lot dearer than usual loofah's but of course you pay for the quality because it is clearly better made. I really like the Lynx Man Washer Shower Tool and having applied the Original Source Mint Tea Tree Oil onto it I use the loofah to scrub the gel into my skin. It's a great product that helps to exfoliate the skin pre-tan I Just wish it wasn't solely marketed towards men.

I'd love to know what you think of either of these products. Do you agree with me about the gender marketing? Let me know what you think in the comments below xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...