Friday 9 December 2016

O.P.I. Nail Polish from the Nicole series and No7 Ridge Filling Base product reviews

I am a sucker for cheap make up and can spend a small fortune on The Cosmetics Fairy website. I go through phases of not buying any make-up and then end up buying multiple packages worth of make-up and this is no exception. To add to my collection of nail varnishes I bought three O.P.I nail polishes and a No7 Ridge Filling Base. Like most things I definitely do not need any more nail varnish but when it's as little as 25p sometimes I just can't resist. I've only ever used the No7 Ridge Filling Base a couple of times and I can't really say there's been a noticeable difference to my nails. I used to bite my nails when I was younger, and in the process, drag my teeth along my nail as a sort of soothing mechanism. Needless to say this awful habit has left my nails in a bit of disarray. I have a noticeable ridge on my left thumb nail from weakening the structure of the nail so I thought the No7 Ridge Filling Base would be perfect to resolve this. I was surprised to find that the No7 Ridge Filling Base dries instantly on the nails. The speed at which it dries is really quite impressive and is indeed commendable. Although I used the No7 Ridge Filling Base as a base coat for my nail varnish, I think it's intended to be used to strengthen the nail rather than act as a base coat. Unfortunately, the No7 Ridge Filling Base didn't quite get rid of the obvious ridge in my nail. I will however persevere with the No7 Ridge Filling Base as I've noticed I have another ridge on another fingernail despite having long nails now. Of course, horizontal ridges (which is true for my nails) can be an indication of former trauma or an illness (I've heard nothing to tell me otherwise and I imagine I'm fit and well). Retailing at £8 from Boots I don't necessarily believe that the No7 Ridge Filling Base is worthy of the price tag but I'll persevere and let you know!

First up I tried Nicole by O.P.I. Selena Gomez Nail Polish Pretty in Plum which comes in quite an unconventional shaped bottle. I love quirkiness as much as the next person but unusually shaped bottles make it incredibly difficult to paint ones' nails. Often I paint my nails on my bed and to save me from spilling it all over the bed covers I stand my bottles in a small rubber contraption made by Sally Hansen (which you can view and read about here) which prevents the bottle from tipping. This however it is not true for unusually shaped bottles as I found the bottle of  Nicole by O.P.I. Selena Gomez Nail Polish Pretty in Plum cumbersome to use. My rubber moulding would not even adhere to the shape of the bottle and for this reason I probably won't use  Nicole by O.P.I. Selena Gomez Nail Polish Pretty in Plum very often as it's just so difficult to hold! It's a shame however as I really liked  Nicole by O.P.I Selena Gomez Nail Polish Pretty in Plum. The Pretty in Plum is a dark reddish purple in colour that seemingly changes colour with more applications. I applied  Nicole by O.P.I. Selena Gomez Nail Polish Pretty in Plum and when it goes it onto the nails it looks pink. As  Nicole by O.P.I. Selena Gomez Nail Polish Pretty in Plum dries however it became a burgundy colour and thickened up quite considerably. 



The same however could not be said for Nicole by O.P.I. Nail Polish Make a Change (presented on the right). Again I found the shape of the bottle to be particularly troublesome to use. I had assumed that Make a Change would dry as a lavender colour with a hint of sheen across the nail. Nicole by O.P.I. Nail Polish Make a Change was quite a thin colour and needed at least two applications. As more applications were added the colour developed and became a dark purple almost. I was especially pleased that both nail varnishes seemed to dry instantly which is a definite winner in my books! I really liked the two lacquers from Nicole by O.P.I. but unfortunately the shape of the bottles are difficult to use.

I really liked the O.P.I. coloured lacquers and they both seemed to last for ages! On my beauty haul from The Cosmetics Fairy website I also purchased a black nail varnish by O.P.I. which I'll review in my next post. Let me know what you think. Has anyone had any success with the  No7 Ridge Filling Base? Let me know in the comments below xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...