Sunday 4 December 2016

SKINCARE SUNDAY-- NIVEA Daily Essentials Nourishing Day Cream for Dry Skin product review

My partner and I went inter-railing recently, something I hinted that we were hoping to do this year in an earlier blog post. We travelled around part of Northern Europe (in November incidentally which was freezing cold. It was -12 degrees in Norway, yes that' Celsius) and I thought I would prepare my skin before we went. We travelled up to Scotland to see some of his family and attempted to climb Ben Nevis when we were there. Prior to our trip into Scotland I had marched into Boots and spent a small fortune on winter moisturiser specifically designed for skiers and snow boarders. The moisturiser in question has thick SPF protection and blocks harmful UVA and UVB rays whilst hydrating the skin from the winter weather. Unfortunately, as we were leaving for Amsterdam shortly after Scotland I left the two expensive moisturisers behind and I am still cursing myself for my stupidity. Needless to say when we were abroad my skin really began to dry out and suffer and the moisturiser I had taken with me didn't really improve the texture of my skin. I kept my eyes open for a cheap and thick moisturiser whilst we were away and we came across the NIVEA Daily Essentials Nourishing Day Cream for Dry Skin. We visited Copenhagen and didn't even go into the NIVEA shop when we were there! It was later on when we were in Hamburg that I had to relent and buy the first moisturiser I found and I'm so glad I did.


If you're a regular reader of The Beauty Blog you'll know that most of my moisturising products are made by NIVEA. I absolutely love it, it's always so cheap and reasonably priced and it always seems to work wonders for my skin. The bosses at NIVEA really know what they're doing! The effects from using the NIVEA Daily Essentials Nourishing Day Cream for Dry Skin were practically instant and my skin has never looked better! When we were away my chin and nose cracked quite badly. The air was so dry and cold that all moisture seemed as if it was sucked from my face leaving horrible dry patches on my face. I hadn't expected the NIVEA Daily Essentials Nourishing Day Cream for Dry Skin to work so well as it's not an especially thick moisturiser. The smallest amount goes quite a long way so it'll last me forever (which is just as well as I haven't seen it anywhere to buy in the UK). Infused with almond oil and UV filters it's a perfect moisturiser for the winter months. I've been using the NIVEA Daily Essentials Nourishing Day Cream for Dry Skin for almost a fortnight now and my skin is really glossy and shiny (not gross like when you've been at the gym and you have a sweaty shine on your face but a nice healthy glow instead). MY skin looks so smooth and healthy it's honestly never looked like this with any moisturiser that I've used before.


I absolutely love the NIVEA Daily Essentials Nourishing Day Cream for Dry Skin and it's definitely replaced my usual moisturiser. I don't normally switch my moisturiser during the colder months but it's something that I should do. What are your thoughts on the NIVEA Daily Essentials Nourishing Day Cream for Dry Skin? Let me know in the comments below xx

P.S. If you're interested in the travel aspect of this blog take a look at my Insta at johnstonk92 where you'll mainly see photos of churches (but there's other things if it takes your fancy) in the different locations that we visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...