Sunday 11 September 2016

July Glossybox product review

If you've read my June review you'll know I was really pleased with Glossybox and long may it continue. Yet, I find myself slightly disappointed again in the choice of products from Glossybox. In July's Glossybox there was the following: Utan and Tone Nourishing Night Crème priced at £12.50, my favourite ever product Hawaiian Tropic Island Berry Lip Gloss SPF 25 retailing at £6.99 (depending on where you buy it from), Icona Milano Emotion Allowed Mascara (which of course I won't be reviewing and I am tired of receiving a product I don't use), a Hairon De-Tangle Brush retailing at £6.99 and a Blank Canvas F20 Flat Brush retailing at £11.95. For those who follow me regularly you'll understand my disappointment with July's Glossybox. For one, I don't use mascara because it makes my eyelashes look spidery and ridiculous, 2. I have at least five detangling brushes so I really don't need another one, 3. I already know and love the Hawaiian Tropic Island Berry Lip Gloss SPF 25 but this is always a pleasure to test out and 4. I seem to receive a blusher or make-up brush every Glossybox so this again is another product that I don't really need an excess of. So for July it doesn't really leave me with a lot of products to try out. To read my review on Hawaiian Tropic take a look here and get some inspiration for any upcoming holiday's.


I really liked the Utan and Tone Nourishing Night Crème and there was a noticeable sheen to my face after just one application! You apply it at night after cleansing your face and removing all traces of make-up to ensure that the Utan and Tone Nourishing Night Crème can work its' magic. The Utan and Tone Nourishing Night Crème is packed full of antioxidants to help repair tired skin. I didn't really notice any physical change to my skin tone or complexion but I did develop a nice tan. The write-up for July's Glossybox states that 'you won't wake up to a biscuit-tan smell in the morning.' I disagree however and found that there was a noticeable fake tan smell but it wasn't particularly over-powering so I didn't mind too much. According to QVC it's a most wanted product so for some it's truly a miracle product. The Utan and Tone Nourishing Night Crème hasn't hanged my life but I enjoy using it to create a base tan when fake tanning.



Having previously purchased the Hawaiian Tropic Island Berry Lip Gloss, and, after stipulating that I don't use mascara, this brings me nicely onto the Hairon De-Tangle Brush. Although I have several de-tanglers and have mixed opinions on some of them (see here for a full review) I was dubious about receiving yet another de-tangler. I have previously received de-tanglers from Glossybox and Birchbox and haven't been overly impressed with them. The Hairon De-Tangle Brush is very similar to a previous one I received from Birchbox which I found too hard and harsh on the scalp. I could not have been more wrong with the Hairon De-Tangle Brush. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I love this Hairon De-Tangle Brush! The Hairon De-Tangle Brush is a little bit small but it works really well on wet and dry hair. The Hairon De-Tangle Brush is very gentle on the scalp unlike other de-tangling brushes I've tried.


Lastly, yet another blusher brush with the Blank Canvas F20 Flat Brush. Like de-tangling brushes I have an abundance of blusher brushes from Glossybox subscriptions so this again was something that I didn't imminently need. That said I love the hot pink colour of the brush and it's a welcome addition to my make up bag. I am surprised to say that I really liked the Blank Canvas F20 Flat Brush and even prefer it to my usual AVON angled brushes. The unusual shape of the Blank Canvas F20 Flat Brush means that you can apply a lot of blusher to the brush. The Blank Canvas F20 Flat Brush allows for even coverage across the cheeks and works even better than angled brushes. The Blank Canvas F20 Flat Brush is a definite keeper for me this month.

Let me know what your favourite products were in July's Glossybox. Has anyone tried the Icona Milano Emotion Allowed Mascara? Let me know in the comments below xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...