Sunday 7 August 2016

June's Summer Glossybox product review

June's Glossybox was full of beauty surprises this month including a little extra! I was really excited to unbox June's Glossybox and excited to use all of the products. June's Glossybox included the Spa to you Konjac Sponge, Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser, De Bruyère After Sun Lotion Monoï, Ladival Sun Protection Spray SPF 15, Emitè make-up lip and cheek tint and the bonus freebie product of Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Deep Conditioner (a product which I already know and love and won't be re-viewing it in this month's Glossybox blog).



First up, I tried the Spa to you Konjac Sponge which retails at £8.99 and the  Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser which retails at £24 for 100ml. My face was particularly greasy so I thought it would be a great opportunity to try the new products out. The Spa to you Konjac Sponge feels really strange when you rip open the packet. The sponge is shaped like an oval with a tapered point (I assume to mimic the shape of the face) and it feels quite slimy and wet to the touch. The Spa to you Konjac Sponge is packed with product but the instructions state to wet the sponge first and ring it out, which I did but I feel like that wasted so much of the product. When massaged onto the face it's quite relaxing and soothing although the smell is particularly pleasant. I noticed a difference to my skin immediately so it really works to brighten the skin. You can also apply your own cleanser or product to the sponge but I resisted this time. Evidently the Spa to you Konjac Sponge lasts between 8-10 weeks so I'll persevere with it once a week to see how long it lasts.

After using the Spa to you Konjac Sponge I applied the Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser to my face which is recommended to use both morning and night. I applied far too much to my hands but it absorbed quite quickly so excess product wasn't really an issue. At £24 though it's probably better to be a little more conscious of how much you use as it could run expensive. When I applied the Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser I was struck by the strong scent of oranges which was not unpleasant! I soon noticed that once I'd rubbed it into my face and let it sink into the skin however, that my cheeks in particular felt tight. As the scent developed throughout the day, the smell was really quite overwhelming and unpleasant (I'm blaming the GinZing). My face looked noticeably brighter but the skin felt quite itchy and tight so I won't reuse this unfortunately.



Admittedly, it took me a little while to work up the courage to use the Emitè make-up lip and cheek tint and I was right to be sceptical. I'm really not a fan of cheek and lip tints. I understand their convenience, two products in one, but I much prefer using blusher rather than a cheek tint. As a result, I did not try the Emitè make-up lip and cheek tint out on my cheeks for this reason. I did however, try the Emitè make-up lip and cheek tint out on my lips eventually and I really disliked it. It's hard to ignore the watery consistency of the Emitè make-up lip and cheek tint when you apply it. The colour bled onto my lips and I had to use a few applications to make the colour stand out. After applying it I felt really uncomfortable waiting for the Emitè make-up lip and cheek tint to dry and had to purse my lips for a little while until it properly dried. The Emitè make-up lip and cheek tint is really quite heavy and cumbersome as the bottle is far larger and wider than a usual lip gloss. When the colour dried it resembled a lip stain rather than a lip gloss. The red colour was quite dark yet faded along my top lip so multiple coats are necessary. I really did not like the Emitè make-up lip and cheek tint for several reasons but the watery consistency is what really did it for me. There's also no way that I can see the Emitè make-up lip and cheek tint is worth €19! A disappointing start to June's Glossybox!




I hadn't been able to review June's Glossybox until mid July for one simple reason. June's Glossybox included Ladival Sun Protection Spray SPF 15 and De Bruyère After Sun Lotion Monoï which require copious amounts of sunshine to be able to try the products out. Summer has finally seemed to arrive here in the UK producing boiling hot sunny days rather than the humid and overcast days that we're more accustomed to! I was finally able to try out the Ladival Sun Protection Spray SPF 15 although I had my reservations at first. I've heard of Ladival but I've never used it until now. After a quick Google Ladvil are evidently The Official Sun Protection of British Tennis promoting safe skin when playing sports outdoors. I really liked the Ladival Sun Protection Spray SPF 15. The product goes on white and I usually spray three drops onto my arms before rubbing it in. The Ladival Sun Protection Spray SPF 15 is a non-greasy formula and works really quickly to sink into the skin. I've used the Ladival Sun Protection Spray SPF 15 for several days during the summer weather and have not noticed a difference to the colour of my skin. On the days that I've applied the Ladival Sun Protection Spray SPF 15, however, I have unfortunately spent most of the day inside so I'm not sure how accurate this test is.


Lastly I tried the De Bruyère After Sun Lotion Monoï after I'd been sat in the sun soaking up the rays. I was slightly pinkish because I didn't apply any suntan lotion beforehand. I really liked the De Bruyère After Sun Lotion Monoï as it sinks into the skin really quickly. There was no obvious residue or greasiness left on my skin. Nor was there any noticeable or pungent smell to the cream. I really enjoyed the quirky yellow and pink packaging. As for the size though I thought it was a little bit too small for an after-sun bottle. I'm not sure how much I can test out the De Bruyère After Sun Lotion Monoï  realistically as the pinkish red colour of my skin disappeared quite quickly. That said though the De Bruyère After Sun Lotion Monoï doubles up well as a moisturiser and really worked to soothe my dry skin.


For me June's Glossybox was a winner and I look forward to reviewing further boxes if their contents will be similar to June's. What were your thoughts on June's Glossybox? Which products did you like? Let me know in the comments below xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...