Monday 16 May 2016

LISTERINE Advanced White and Maybelline 547 Pleasure Me Red product reviews

I never used to like Listerine mouthwash because I felt that it burnt my tongue and left a horrible taste in my mouth. I was recently drawn into buying Listerine mouthwash as it was on special offer whereby if you bought the Advanced White mouthwash you received a free Maybelline 547 Pleasure Me Red lipstick. Needless to say I only bought the mouthwash for the freebie lipstick. The last couple of purchases however have been the Arctic Mint flavour Listerine in Stay White and I can honestly say I have noticed a difference to my smile. As someone who used to drink a lot of coffee I had noticeable yellowed stains on several of my teeth. I have since cut out caffeine altogether for another health reason and by using the Listerine mouthwash range my smile is noticeably whiter. Having tried the Stay White and Advanced White mouthwashes I prefer the taste of the Arctic Mint Stay White mouthwash. The new Advanced White in Clean Mint leaves a horrible taste in the mouth. However, I have noticed that when using the Advanced White mouthwash it really gets to work and cleans the back of my mouth. Other mouthwashes like the Stay White mouthwash do not seem to offer such a thorough clean. At £3.50 for a small bottle it's quite pricey given that the 1litre bottles are normally on offer for £4 depending on the retailer. There is a noticeable difference to my teeth and I can really feel that the plaque and tartar build up has disappeared from my teeth.

That said when paired with the Maybelline 547 Pleasure Me Red lipstick my teeth are a brilliant white. As the lipstick dulls throughout the day my teeth took on a slightly grey look (the colour contrast of red lippy and white teeth can do this). I love this lippy and it's sure to be a firm favourite in my make-up bag. Maybelline 547 Pleasure Me Red is a sultry red lippy that isn't too sharp or bright and looked perfect on my pale skin. I love the texture of this Maybelline 547 Pleasure Me Red lippy as it literally glided onto my lips. Miraculously, it stayed put all day even after eating and it looked just as bright as it had when I first applied it. Usually I set my lipstick with Lipcote (my beauty cheat) but I wanted to test the staying power of the Maybelline 547 Pleasure Me Red colour. It did dull down eventually by the end of the day and became a pale reddish pink which was still a nice colour. Re-applications are necessary if you want to maintain the bright red lipstick look. My lips felt a little dry under the colour as the day wore on but Maybelline 547 Pleasure Me Red is a conditioning lipstick that soothes the lips. I would definitely buy the Maybelline 547 Pleasure Me Red again and if the taste improves for the LISTERINE Advanced White then I would say the same for that product. As it stands I think I'll stick with the Arctic Mint flavour Listerine instead.

Do you love this lippy/mouthwash? Let me know what you think in the comments below xx. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...