Monday 23 May 2016

April Glossybox product review

I was quite excited by April's Glossybox and felt that it had a lot of promise compared to March's Glossybox and admittedly previous Glossyboxes too. Aside from the STYLondon Temporary 'Henna' Tattoos (which retail at £5.99) which I won't be trying because I'm not into temporary tattoos, I was looking forward to April's box. First up I tried the Studio10 Brow Lift Perfecting Liner which retails at a whopping £22 for eyebrow pencil!! For the hefty price tag I expected great things but in all honesty the Studio10 Brow Lift Perfecting Liner was too light for my dark eyebrows. The Studio10 Brow Lift Perfecting Liner was heavily sharpened and pointed at both ends so of course you're supposed to blend the ends before use. I didn't have time and needed a quick fix but unfortunately the colour didn't match my gappy eyebrows at all. The brown shade on the Studio10 Brow Lift Perfecting Liner was far too light and the other end is a pale off-white colour assumedly to lighten the brown eye pencil that you've already applied. The Studio10 Brow Lift Perfecting Liner was a disappointing eyebrow liner for me. (If you're looking for a cheap eyebrow liner you can read my review on Constance Carroll eyebrow liner here).

Next up I tried the essence Mosaic Compact Powder which retails at £3. It seems that every month or so there's a new blusher present in the Glossybox and April's box was no different. As a result of this I have about 5 or 6 blushers that I need to power my way through. The essence Mosaic Compact Powder is made up of various different shades and sizes. The idea is that when you sweep your blusher brush over it the true colour is blended nicely onto your face. I'm a huge fan of the mosaic look in compact powders so I was excited to try this essence blusher. I found the colour quite neutral, I'm used to an obvious dark glow on my cheeks from my usual St. Moriz bronzer. The essence Mosaic Compact Powder however is very light on the skin and it hardly looked like I had any make-up on at all! My face looked natural and my look simple and understated. I like the essence Mosaic Compact Powder although I would have preferred it to be a tad darker just so I didn't feel so washed out.

I was excited to try out the Leighton Denny Expert Nails Miracle Mist as I'm always on the look out for a product that promises speedy results. I was a bit eager and applied the Leighton Denny Expert Nails Miracle Mist straight after applying my black nail varnish. Of course I touched it to see if it was dry and found it to be tacky still. On the back of the bottle however, it states that you should leave the nail varnish to dry for a minute before applying the Leighton Denny Expert Nails Miracle Mist. To me this defeats the point of a speed drying nail varnish spray. Usually my nail varnishes dry in around 60 seconds or less so with this in mind a nail varnish speed drying spray is irrelevant. I do like the idea of the Leighton Denny Expert Nails Miracle Mist however, and although I'm impatient I will continue to use this product straight after a nail varnish application. I will just make sure that I don't touch it straight away! You can buy Leighton Denny Expert Nails Miracle Mist from any good M&S store and a full-size bottle of only 75ml retails at £12. It's pricey but I do credit that it works. The metallic silver canister looks a bit like an aerosol deodorant can but it's quick and simple to use. A definite keeper in my books!
Last up for April's Glossybox was by far my least favourite product The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil which retails at a whopping £28. Personally, I don't like facial oils because they leave my skin feeling oily and greasy. As I have problematic combination skin with an oily chin and cheeks, excess oil is the last thing I need to put on my face. I also don't actually know how to properly use facial oils and as there was very little write up on the Glossybox cards, it didn't really help me in how to apply it. The sample size bottle of The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil comes in a tiny bottle with a dropper application. Instead of dropping the oil onto my face I literally scraped the dropper onto my skin and then rubbed it in. Straight away it's noticeable how greasy The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil is which wasn't great for my skin. If you have dry skin I assume The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil is fantastic as it's packed full of restorative oils but unfortunately it just didn't do anything for me sadly.

Let me know what you thought of April's Glossybox in the comments below or, if you have any tips on how to use facial oils I'd love to hear from you! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...