Monday 29 February 2016

Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray product review

I've decided to review an old classic Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray because I think it's sorely underappreciated. Released in 1960, the Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray is decades old and still going strong. I'm not a big hairspray wearer and I only ever use it for fancy dress outfits. I like to go all out for fancy dress and I like to make a statement when I dress up. There are two reasons that I use the Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray one of which is perhaps an unusual use. Of course I use hairspray to set my hairstyles and flatten fly away hairs but I've also found that it can be used to set make up. I'm allergic to face paint so I have to use make up for fancy dress outfits although I've since found out I'm allergic to some really cheap lipsticks so I have to be careful what I buy. I dressed up as a weeping angel (from Doctor Who) one Halloween and covered every visible part of skin in grey glittery eyeshadow. To stop any colour transference I sprayed my  Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray all over my skin and it set the make up perfectly. It feels sticky when used on the skin and seems to dry like this but it's a small nuisance to pay for a perfect fancy dress outfit.

I've used the Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray for several fancy dress outfits and my go to hair style is pinning my locks up into small curls. My hair is unfortunately too heavy for me to remove the pins and rely solely on the Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray but I do cover my hair in Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray to make sure the pins don't move around in my hair. The Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray smells quite pleasant for a hairspray although it does have that distinct hairspray smell so try not to breathe to much in when using it. I absolutely love the Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray because it doesn't dry hard on the hair like other hair sprays. I've used the Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray several times and my hair looked really natural when using it and it doesn't look obvious that my hair is caked in spray.



I've had my 200ml can for years because it lasts so long. Depending on the retailer the Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray is priced at just under £5 and it's an absolute bargain buy. What's more is that the Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray doesn't clog the hair up or sit heavy on top of it. It states on the can that it 'disappears at the stroke of a brush' and it really does. It doesn't leave my hair feeling ratty or heavy and it really does leave the hair when brushed. I don't even have to spend a lot of time brushing it out, the hair spray collects straight away on the brush and comes out. I love the Loréal Paris Elnett Satin Supreme Hold Hairspray and it's my go-to hair spray to combat stray hairs, maintain straight hair or keep my curls in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...