Monday 22 February 2016

LookFantastic September box review

I thought I'd try something new and decided on the LookFantastic beauty subscription which I bought in September. I've neglected my beauty boxes and hadn't used them all until recently. I was pleasantly surprised by September's box which included six mini samples of beauty products. I had a discount for the box which cost £13.20 although it usually costs £15 which I think it starting to get a little pricey. Having said that you do get a lot more for your money than the other subscription services I've used so maybe it is worth it. The only downside I can see is that with Glossybox and Birchbox they often give you full size samples whereas I'm not sure that LookFantastic do.

In September's box I received the Hydra-Balance Day Cream for combination skin by Elemis, the AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser by Murad, Volumising Smooth Sealed and Sensational No Oil Oil by Percy and Reed, Rêve De Miel Hand and Nail Cream by Nuxe, Firming Moisturiser by Monu Professional Skincare and my favourite Eye Shading Brush by Look Good Feel Better. The company Look Good Feel Better is a worldwide cancer charity and donates 12% of their sales of the brush to women who have visible side effects of cancer treatment. Already I'm on board with this idea and I think it's such a wonderful idea. The Eye Shading Brush by Look Good Feel Better has a soft brush head and makes applications a dream to do.



As lot of the samples are 20ml or under they were the perfect travel accompaniment for my time away recently. I had to pack light and these small samples are the perfect size and helped ensure my skin stayed clean and calm during my time away. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser by Murad. It's quite gritty when it's rubbed into the skin which feels very odd. Once applied it lathers on the skin which is an interesting combination to have it lather and feel gritty. I didn't really feel any difference and it seems to do the same job as my regular 79p exfoliating cleanser from Home Bargains. I guess I looked a little more fresh faced after using the AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser by Murad but that's not hard when I was working on an archaeological dig site covered in mud every day. AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser by Murad won't replace my cheaper exfoliator but it'll stay in my travel bag for my next journey as it saves me buying last minute toiletries. The AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser by Murad is priced between a whopping £34-£45 depending on the retailer and honestly I don't think it's worth that price tag.



I really liked the Hydra-Balance Day Cream as it's quite a light moisturiser and sinks in quickly. I didn't notice any change in my appearance though as the dry areas on my cheeks were still prominent so I'm not entirely sure that it works well on dry skin. It has a pleasant lemony scent which is not overpowering at all and left my face feeling smooth. Much needed after using the foamy gritty exfoliator. It also doesn't work well as a primer but honestly this was the last of my worries trying to look presentable after a day of digging.



The Reve De Miel Hand and Nail Cream by Nuxe is a must have in either my dig bag or handbag. Particularly when I'm working away my hands really take a battering and when I come home they appear cracked and dry. The Reve De Miel Hand and Nail Cream by Nuxe came in a tiny sample bottle so I used it up pretty quickly. The Reve De Miel Hand and Nail Cream by Nuxe dries into the skin quickly so you're restricted unlike other moisturisers. The Reve De Miel Hand and Nail Cream by Nuxe left my hands silky soft and repaired my dry hands quickly. I really liked the Reve De Miel Hand and Nail Cream by Nuxe and for £11 you're paying for the active ingredients honey, sunflower, vitamin E and other oils.

Lastly, the Volumising Smooth Sealed and Sensational No Oil Oil by Percy and Reed is priced at £14 for a 60ml bottle which is a reasonable amount for hair care products. The reason this review has taken so long to write is because the Volumising Smooth Sealed and Sensational No Oil Oil by Percy and Reed was the last product to use. The Volumising Smooth Sealed and Sensational No Oil Oil by Percy and Reed is actually a serum rather than an oil. I've used serums on my hair before and been disappointed by them. My hair is naturally curly/wavy yet when I apply a serum to my hair my locks become straight and smooth. This is no different with regard to the Volumising Smooth Sealed and Sensational No Oil Oil by Percy and Reed. I worked a small amount (2 pumps as directed on the bottle) in between my hands to warm it up and combed it through my wet hair with my fingers. My hair looked shiny throughout the day as the Volumising Smooth Sealed and Sensational No Oil Oil by Percy and Reed dried into my locks. I tried this out before exercising for an hour and found that my hair wasn't so full of static as it usually is. This is a bonus as I often struggle taming fly-away hairs but usually don't bother to use a product on it to combat this issue. I am undecided about the Volumising Smooth Sealed and Sensational No Oil Oil by Percy and Reed because like most serums the Volumising Smooth Sealed and Sensational No Oil Oil by Percy and Reed made my hair lose its' natural curl and bounce. I didn't try this alongside straighteners or a hairdryer so I can't really comment on the product's full potential. I have used serums before however and have found that even when used alongside a hairdryer my hair loses its' kink. The Volumising Smooth Sealed and Sensational No Oil Oil by Percy and Reed is a great little serum that adds shine to the hair and prevents flyaway hairs, I just wish it didn't straighten my hair at the same time.

Let me know what you thought of September's LookFantastic in the comments below. I'd be interested to see what was your favourite product if you've tried them all xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...