Tuesday 15 December 2015

Poundshop Product Review

I never normally purchase cosmetics or make up from the pound shop simply because I always assumed that it was cheap make up. Although this is often the case many poundshops stock branded make up like Rimmel and Maybelline. When my friend was studying over here recently she swore by our local poundshops for nail varnish because it was cheap, often lasted and there's usually an array of colours available. I was in my local Poundshop recently and thought I'd take advantage of their wide selection (not that I need any more nail varnishes).



I decided to go with a pale blue and mint green colour as these are two colours that I don't have in my extensive collection. Sky Blue 32 and Mint Milkshake 41 were from the same make up collection which isn't a well-known brand. The nail varnishes are by Make Up Gallery and the bottles are quite large and chunky so they're a little cumbersome if you prefer to hold the bottle whilst you apply it. I really liked the colours in the bottle but unfortunately I had to apply three coats for the colour to have any prominence on the nail. The liquid is very thin and watery so re-applications are essential. As well as the rather large and heavy bottle, the brush inside is quite fat which makes it difficult to successfully apply the varnish to the nails as I found I covered my skin as well.


Sky Blue 32 seems to be more resilient as it has barely chipped whereas the multiple coats of Mint Milkshake 41 have made the varnish too thick and it's started to chip in places. I decided to paint my nails for my work's Christmas party and the nail varnish has only lasted a day before it chipped.



I really like the colours but they are a bit tricky to use and you need a bit of time to allow it to dry for the re-applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...