Sunday 13 December 2015

SKINCARE SUNDAY-- Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter product review

When I was younger I used to read a lot of glossy magazines and I was often taken in (and still am) by their product recommendations for skincare or make up products. At the time the magazine was advertising the Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter  and recommended it for dry elbows and ankles. I don't usually shop at Waitrose (except to get their ready made stir-fry packets) so I took it upon myself to explore my local.


I remember when I first tried the Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter that I didn't like it but I recently decided to give it another chance. The reason for me buying this was the rationale thinking that if it's good enough to smooth a baby's bottom it would leave my own skin silky smooth and soft to the touch. Like other body butter's I've tried they often seem to sit on top of the skin and don't sink in at all.




The Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter was no different and it left my skin feeling thick and greasy after I'd spent hours in the bath. I'd decided to use the Bottom Butter because my skin had dried out after such a long bath. The butter is a very thick mixture so I found that I really had to scoop it onto my skin. Perhaps the bathroom was too hot or the butter had been left in too warm a temperature but there was no elasticity or movement to the butter. After applying rather large lumps of the butter to my skin it seemed to sit on top and was a real effort to rub it in. It's quite surprising that this is the case as the body butter is enriched with camomile and olive oil so I would assume that it would be runny having olive oil in the formula.


I'm not entirely sure how parents manage when they rub this in on their child because it's so thick it just doesn't move with your hands. I found myself having to wipe most of the butter off on the towel because I felt sticky and gross. Unfortunately, the Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter went straight in the bin and for £3.20 for a small tub I wasn't too bothered that this was thrown out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...