Friday 20 November 2015

Pretty & Witty Eye Crayons review

I've been quite pro-active this year and already bought some of my Christmas presents (I just have another three to buy and then I'm done). As Boots have their usual 3 for 2 offer on I decided to take full advantage of it and treat myself in the process. Since discovering eye crayons and pencils I've never looked back. At first I was dubious of them and found them tricky to use as it felt like I was literally colouring my eye in. After a couple of applications and playing around with them I love them and they're starting to replace my preferred eye shadow compacts. The Pretty & Witty Eye Crayons were part of the 3 for 2 offer and as they were the cheapest item, I got them for free! On Amazon the Pretty & Witty Eye Crayons  are double the price at £16! (Although I have seen them advertised on one online retailer for a whopping £32.73 which is just an insane price to charge for eye crayons). The Pretty & Witty Eye Crayons come in four colours; black, silver, purple and blue. I hasten to add I was unsure about the black and have yet to use it.


I love these crayons as they glide onto the eye really easily and the popping colours are really stunning. The crayons are contained in a plastic pen with a twist mechanism at the top to reveal more of the crayon when you've worn it down. Unlike other eye crayons I've used the Pretty & Witty Eye Crayons are so easy to apply. I never feel like I'm colouring my eye in when I use the Pretty & Witty Eye Crayons. I've since learnt that the easiest way to apply them is to apply it like eyeliner. I draw a line across the bottom of my lid and then build it up and the corners working in lines all the time. It makes it much easier than colouring the lid in which would often transfer the colour to my eyebrows. Retailing at £8 from Boots for a box of four they're fairly cheap at £2 each. The Pretty & Witty Eye Crayons  have a very smooth gel-like finish which help them to glide onto lid rather than getting stuck like other crayons that I've previously used.






I've taken to wearing the silver and the purple and have since branched out to wear the blue crayon. The blue unfortunately is just a shade too bright for me and makes my eyes really pop. Once the crayon has been on the lid for a while the colour starts to dull and produces a much calmer blue rather than it being so in your face. The only downside with the Pretty & Witty Eye Crayons is that they don't stay on the lids very long. They seem to crease and disappear on the lids so a good primer is probably needed. As they're a gel based crayon this may be difficult to make the colour stick to the lid as they have a tendency to slide off as a result. I'd never used Pretty and Witty until now nor had I ever heard of the brand but I do like it. It's quite kitsch with the cat logo that adorns the packaging (probably another reason I gravitated to it on a subconscious level).


I'm still unsure about the black eye crayon and might save this for when I finally run out of eyeliner. I can't see how it would look appealing on the eye as an overall colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...