Friday 27 November 2015

L'Occitane En Provence Almond Shower Oil product review

If you're a regular reader of The Beauty Blog then you'll know that I don't like to spend a lot of money on skincare or cosmetics. I often opt out for the cheaper option because let's face it the cheaper brands do just as good a job as the expensive brands sometimes. I am by no means a regular customer of L'Occitane but I have taken advantage of their freebie skincare days to get some of their products.

My friend used to work for L'Occitane and she absolutely swears by L'Occitane En Provence Almond Shower Oil. She once described it like being 'crack for her skin' so I thought I'd buy it to see the hype. Priced at £18 for a 250ml bottle it is by no means cheap but I also bought it through cashback so technically it only cost me £3. The larger 500ml refillable and recyclable plastic bottle is a little dearer at £26. The 500ml comes in a cool squeezy pouch which I assume you use to refill the bottle because otherwise I don't know how you would use it in the shower.



Of course I have numerous bottles of shower gel in the bathroom cabinet that I have yet to use. What I really need is a shower gel that soothes shaved skin as often moisturisers or even some shower gels aggravate my skin post-shave. L'Occitane En Provence Almond Shower Oil does exactly that. It leave my skin feeling so silky smooth and soft especially when I use it instead of shaving foam. L'Occitane En Provence Almond Shower Oil doesn't lather up like foam but once applied to the skin it becomes a kind of milky formula. I found it a bit tricky to use on my legs in my tiny shower as the oil slips and slides out of your hands. As L'Occitane En Provence Almond Shower Oil is more like a body milk it has quite a weird consistency but it works as a shower gel, moisturiser and shaving barrier. I love this shower oil and I'm even tempted to buy it again although it is pricey. Reviews online have also stated that it can be used as shampoo but I'm not entirely convinced that it would clean the hair. From past experience using hair oils my hair normally ends up clogged with product and greasy to the touch so I won't be using L'Occitane En Provence Almond Shower Oil on my hair anytime soon.

L'Occitane En Provence Almond Shower Oil has won a couple of beauty awards within the last couple of years so it's clearly a well-loved product. It's a steep price for what it is but it really does soften skin.

P.S. If you've noticed that my picture quality has improved that's because I've started using the actual images from retailer websites. My phone and camera are absolutely shocking in quality so for now I'll stick with the professional images until I get a better camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...