Wednesday 11 November 2015

NIVEA Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover 125ml and Lip Care Soft Rose Products Review

As usual I bought the Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover 125ml and Lip Care Soft Rose a while ago but have only just gotten around to uploading my review. Admittedly, I purchased the Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover 125ml and Lip Care Soft Rose for two reasons. First and foremost I was curious about the Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover 125ml and wondered if it really was as good as it promised on the advert. Secondly, the deciding factor for me purchasing the goods from the NIVEA website and not a supermarket or pharmacy as I usually would was the enticing free gift. At the time of purchase if you spent over £5 you received the NIVEA Facial Cleansing Wipes - Dry/Sensitive free of charge.
I prefer to use these make up wipes and so decided to take advantage of the freebie offer whilst I had the chance. As I'm sure you're aware I have dry/sensitive combination skin so the NIVEA Facial Cleansing Wipes - Dry/Sensitive are perfect for my skin. They work to clean and moisturise the face so they don't dry my skin out like other make up wipes I've tried before. I really like these wipes as they don't make my skin greasy and I honestly believe they remove all traces of make up. The wipes retail from around £2.80-£3.45 depending on the retailer, the product specification and the quantity of the pack. At the minute Boots have a 2 for £5 offer on which is really quite reasonable.




Having bought the NIVEA Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover 125ml mainly for the free gift I did start to have second thoughts with my order. It occurred to me when I was placing my order that I already know that I like the make up wipes so why bother changing to use the NIVEA Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover 125ml. The 3 in 1 formula on the make up wipes means that removing stubborn eye make up is a doddle so I really didn't need to change from the wipes. Like I said I was curious how effective the Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover 125ml would be. If you haven't seen the television advert yet it's very convincing that it works. The idea is that with just a couple of swipes of the pad your stubborn eye make up (including waterproof mascara) will be easily removed. Of course the advert's sped up with stages missing but it seemed pretty simple in theory. In practice however it's not so great.




I applied a fair amount of the liquid onto a cotton pad and dragged it across my eyes several times. Unfortunately my heavy black eyeliner stayed put. I found the formula really greasy and sat on my cheeks when I tried to remove the make up. I normally prefer to use NIVEA products as they're very gentle but the Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover 125ml aggravated my eyes. My eyes were stinging, red and sore for a short while after, something I'm used to experiencing with other companies but never NIVEA. To say I was disappointed with this product is an understatement. It did nothing that it promised to do and for £3.49 I expected a larger bottle than 125ml. After using this once I passed it on to someone else and it won't replace my preferred make up wipes.






The order wasn't a complete disaster however. I also purchased the Lip Care Soft Rose lip balm. I really like NIVEA's lip balms as they provide protection and lubrication for the lips to stop them drying out. They're a perfect accompaniment to the cold and drying winter months. I read somewhere that almond oil and jojoba oil work wonders for chapped lips and as the Lip Care Soft Rose has both I decided to buy it. I wasn't too fussed about it being a tinted lip balm and just bought it solely for the protection that it offered. It goes on a very subtle pink which isn't too obvious so that's fine. It really works to soften and smooth chapped lips and for £1.65 it's enough to pay for it.




I'm excited to try NIVEA's new exfoliating make up wipes which I might buy at some point.




Feel free to leave me any comments if you wish xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...