Monday 12 October 2015

Veet EasyWax Hot Wax Roll On review

I haven't posted in a while which I can only apologise for. I've been busy at the minute and I've not had the opportunity to try anything new out lately. Instead I've opted to create a review of a product that I used a while ago.

If you've read my other reviews you'll know that I'm quite low maintenance and a sucker for trying out new products. Especially hair removal products. The Veet EasyWax Roll On encouraged my excitement. As the name suggests I thought this was going to be a revolutionary beauty product that I would grow to love. The idea that the wax is easy to roll on is fundamentally what encouraged me to purchase this (as well as the Boots half price offer at the time). The hot wax heater retails at around £31 depending on the seller with the replacement cartridges £10 each. The ergonomic design of the heater is designed to accommodate a firm grip. As the heater is quite large it's quite bulky and uncomfortable to use so unfortunately the design could be improved somewhat.


I can't tell you how disappointed I was with this waxing kit. This was the first hot wax in home waxing kit I'd used as it was described as being an easy wax roll on I thought it would be an effortless experience. The waxing base has to be plugged in and allowed to stand for a minimum of twenty minutes before use. As I charged mine standing up right on a carpet and not a hard surface it took far longer for the appliance to heat up. The idea is that the electricity used to power the machine which melts the cartridge of wax that you put inside the appliance. In theory it's great and revolutionary but in practice it doesn't work well.

The cartridge is attached to a long roller ball strip which is designed to rotate and release strips of wax when applied to the skin. The downside however is that the wax gets incredibly hot and although it melts it actually sticks to the roller ball and then the skin. I assumed the ball would glide down the legs and you would attach the woven strips included. The appliance does not allow for the roller ball to rotate and drags the skin instead. Although the appliance has to be plugged in to melt the wax you can remove the adaptor to make it portable. The downside with this it didn't seem to retain its' heat at all and I found myself constantly having to charge it up. The appliance is messy, costly and a hazard in itself. The wax burns so hot that it can actually burn the skin. You're essentially applying boiling hot liquid wax to the skin which also didn't come off with the strips or the alcohol wipes provided. The Veet EasyWax Roll On left my legs feeling sticky, sore and messy.

I passed this appliance and the cartridge on as soon as I could. A lot of similar reviews on the Boots website remark on the quality of this product and many have noted that the wax layer is quite thin when applied to the skin. I found it a mixture of thin strips and thick gloopy areas where the roller ball stopped on the leg. For the amount of money I paid I expected something of a higher quality but this was incredibly disappointing for so many reasons. Veet have a new stripless wax available which I'm reluctant to try as I wonder if it's the same kind of idea as this one. I definitely won't be buying this one again which is a real shame as I usually rate Veet quite highly.



I'd love to know what you think of this or if you've had a similar experience, let me know in the comments below. x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...