Sunday 13 September 2015

SKINCARE SUNDAY Skin So Soft Signature Silk Replenishing Hand Cream review

I've not been able to try out an new products this week particularly on my face so I thought I'd review another hand cream instead. I really like AVON hand creams particularly their Glycerine hand and nail cream. AVON have regular offers on their moisturisers and I always stock up when they're on offer. I must have about four or five bottles of the Glycerine hand cream but it's so cheap and it works wonders. I think when I bought the Skin So Soft Signature Silk Replenishing Hand Cream it was on offer so I made full use of the offer then. The problem I've found with AVON is that many of the products cease to become available after a period of time. This is often the case with products that I like and find them replaced with a newer alternative. The Skin So Soft Signature Silk Replenishing Hand Cream is one of those products but I'm not too disheartened by this.

As I've already said I expected a product that was similar to the AVON hand cream with Glycerine. This is where my own error lies. The Skin So Soft Signature Silk Replenishing Hand Cream is a product made from the Skin So Soft range and not AVON. You might ask what's the difference if they're both made by the same company but the two ranges set out to do different things. The Skin So Soft range is predominantly concerned with softening the skin and although the AVON range does this too, it does so much more than that.



I really wasn't a fan of the Skin So Soft Signature Silk Replenishing Hand Cream. It stipulates on the bottle that it is a silk replenishing hand cream so naturally I thought it would make my hands silky to the touch. It has a similar consistency to the Elizabeth Arden 8hr protectant that I've previously reviewed [see here]. It's quite a greasy formula and although I worked it into my cuticles to try and massage the skin it left my hands feeling very greasy. I have different hand creams for different needs or different times of the day. I often have a small bottle in my hand bag as well as several on my bedside shelf for a night time. I used the Skin So Soft Signature Silk Replenishing Hand Cream both during the day and at night and found that it does not sink in at all. It seemed to take ages to dry which meant performing any tasks were almost impossible. Most of the hand creams from AVON are under £4 and as there's always an offer on their hand cream it's usually much cheaper than this. For a 75ml bottle it doesn't break the bank but I personally wouldn't buy this again.

If you've used this product before let me know what you think in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...