Monday 14 September 2015

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Overnight Serum 50ml review

I am a sucker for buying new hair and beauty products even if I don't particularly need them. I used to buy and use a lot of split end treatments for my hair but I as I don't straighten and rarely blow-dry my hair, I don't have split ends. Yet when I used these products my hair looked it's best then. Over the years I've become lazy and haven't used them as much and there's been a noticeable change in my hair. Recently my hair is a lot drier to the touch and dull on some days and it's because I'm not looking after it like I used to. I bought the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Overnight Serum some time ago from Boots. At around £7 it's quite pricey for the small 50ml bottle but I decided that a reputable brand such as John Frieda and the price alone suggest a high end product. For the 100ml it's around £14.

I remember when I bought this I had a long thick hair at the time and really wasn't in need of hair repair. The sales assistant who served me commented that she thought it was a good product and she really wanted to buy it. I hasten to add her hair was long and luscious the kind of hair I envy. When I first started using the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Overnight Serum there was no real noticeable difference. If you constantly maintain something and look after it the effects don't really show.



Recently though I've let my hair regime go a little on my hair believing that I didn't need all of these 'faddy' products. As I said my hair is looking a little dull and lacklustre at the minute and although it's in desperate need of a cut my hairdresser remarked the last time that it wasn't as shiny as it used to be. I figured something had to give so I went back to the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Overnight Serum. I have a collection of products in the house just waiting to be used and the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Overnight Serum was no different. I often buy products and then forget about them after using them a few times. I decided to have another go at the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Overnight Serum to see if it would make a difference to my hair.

It's quite a light-weight cream and it stipulates on the bottle that about the sixe of a 10p coin is sufficient to cover the hair. When I first bought this I didn't read all of the instructions. You're supposed to work the cream into the ends to soothe split and damaged hair. Each time I've used it however I apply it to all of the hair. It works best at night as it can really work to improve your hair without you disturbing it. I am forever running my hands through my hair or fiddling with it so at least at night I can't. Although it's described as a serum it's more creamy and quite thin so runs off the hands easily. I really like the handy pump bottle as it means realistically you can't apply to much to the head. It has a really pleasant smell which is another reason that I think it's an overnight cream as it can help you nod off if you have trouble sleeping. Even the packaging and the design of the bottle is cleverly designed to make you think of sleep. The dark blue and silver colour scheme just screams night time.



As I apply it all over, my hair becomes noticeably greasy. It's designed to do this and needs to be washed off in the morning. It took a couple of applications of shampoo but once it's out my hair is noticeably softer and shinier straight away. I really love this product and I'm sad that I'd neglected it for so long. I used to use this about every other month or so and as you apply such a small amount the 50ml bottle lasts forever. This is truly a BBF (that's beauty best friend) that I will continue to use.

Let me know in the comments below what you think of this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...