Friday 11 September 2015

FREEBIE FRIDAY -- NIVEA Soft moisturiser review

I received a sample of NIVEA Soft moisturiser review a while ago and admittedly put off using it straight away. If you've read any of my other posts you'll know that I'm a fan of NIVEA products. As I have sensitive skin I rely on NIVEA products to keep my skin intact. I've reviewed NIVEA products before and found some of them to be quite greasy but I keep going back to them and trying them out. I was excited to try the NIVEA Soft moisturiser as it's advertised for the face, body and hands. I'm always impressed by products that claim to be multi-functional but I'm yet to be fully convinced as to how they actually work.

The moisturiser is available to buy for £2.45 for a small 75ml bottle on Amazon. I used this for about a week non-stop and used most of it up so frequent replacements are needed. I have the smaller 25ml or so sample pot in my handbag as a replacement for hand cream at the minute. Out of the two bottles I prefer the 75ml tube instead as it's easier to disperse the liquid. The small pot seems tricky to apply especially when your hands are greasy with the moisturiser.




Rich with vitamin E and jojoba oil I thought this product would help to moisturise and soften dry skin. I've use this as both a body and hand moisturiser. When I first reviewed this product I didn't attempt to use it as a face cream as I thought it would take a while to sink in. I used it again recently instead of after sun when I went away on holiday and was disappointed with it then. I thought this would be the perfect substitute because of the ingredients but it really was no match for my sunburn. I made sure to try the NIVEA Soft on my face, hands and body this time around. As  a facial moisturiser it didn't really do the trick as my face remained dry and flaky after applying the cream. The NIVEA Soft moisturiser did however soothe my burnt skin but that was about all it did. It's quite a thick moisturiser (like most of NIVEA's products) so a large amount isn't really needed. I really liked this as a body moisturiser. One squirt of the tube is enough to do one arm so I like that you don't need a lot to use it.





Unfortunately the NIVEA Soft moisturiser is disappointing as a hand cream. My cuticles and hands aren't in the best of shape at the minute, (stress seems to be taking its' toll on them both). I religiously applied this every night and massaged it into my nails and cuticles. Despite the active ingredients of vitamin E and jojoba oil, my hands are still dry and peeling. I didn't feel like it sunk into my hands very well either and woke up in the morning with it still lying on top of the skin. Unfortunately it's done nothing to soften my cracked hands and hasn't prevented the dryness that I've started to get.

I really wanted this product to be the miracle moisturiser it promised to be, but personally I didn't think it worked very well.

Let me know what you think and what you use it for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...