Sunday 30 August 2015

SUNDAY SAMPLE SKINCARE -- Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream in the Original Tube review

I was really excited to receive the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream in the Original Tube. Like the lipstick it looks appealing in the white, silver and pink bottle. It's described as a miracle cure for all ailments including sunburn and dry skin. You can literally use this for everything including chapped lips as well as moisturising the skin. You can understand my surprise that this miracle product could be used for everything even smoothing dried out lips. I finally thought I'd found a product that could do everything.



Sadly, it didn't quite live up to expectations. This was really disappointing and doesn't work as a moisturiser. It's really thin and sticky and doesn't work so well if you're hoping to use it as a moisturiser. Unfortunately as it comes out pink it feels like I was applying tinted petroleum jelly to my skin. I was really impatient waiting for this to dry and it seemed to take ages. I can see why it can be used to combat chapped lips but even as a protectant it didn't soften my skin at all. As it's so thin and sticky it was really difficult to rub into the skin so I wouldn't choose to use it as an alternative to after sun. It's quite pricey for a 50ml bottle and costs £26 for what is essentially tinted Vaseline. It is available cheaper from retailers like Amazon though. I really wanted to like this as it has so many good reviews but it did nothing but disappoint me. I originally used this as a hand cream and massaged it into my cuticles but it left my hands greasy and did nothing to soften my much needed cuticles.     


I would love to hear what uses people have for this and if anyone has combatted the greasiness. It's such a shame that it was a disappointing product for me. I'm also not sure why it's an 8 hour cream but it does take a long time to sink into the skin, so maybe this is where the 8 hours comes into it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...