Friday 14 July 2017

T-Gel Anti-Dandruff Shampoo product review

It may come as something of a surprise to you all but I suffer from dandruff. Yes the condition known for an itchy, flaky scalp producing little bits of skin flaking into your hair. Yes it's gross and I have tried several things in an attempt to combat it. My hair is my pride and joy after all so when I have noticeable dandruff flakes I do feel self-conscious about it, naturally. Typically, dandruff is often associated with men, (why I don't know but all the men in my life use Head & Shoulders to combat the condition). Head & Shoulders are supposedly the market leaders in dandruff care and have since developed a whole product range of goodies to help prevent a flaky scalp. I have tried Head & Shoulders Classic Clean before and was previously disappointed with it. For me, Head & Shoulders does not clean my hair, nor does it rid my scalp of the noticeable flaky skin. Often when my hair is greasy and I have gone too many days using dry shampoo is when I start to see little flecks of white atop my head. I have even previously tried crushing an aspirin into my favourite Pantene Pro-V shampoo, a beauty trick I learned a long time. I was always fairly skeptical of this trick as I was not sure that it would work and if it did how it worked, and more importantly, I have asthma (quite mild) and worried that applying it to my hair would set off an asthma attack. Luckily, it never did but I tend to steer clear of ingesting it just in case it brings on an attack. After a while I stopped crushing an aspirin into my shampoo, mainly because they expired and I was not entirely sure that I should be applying it to my hair when it was not still in date.



I had heard of T-Gel before but I had never thought to buy it. Usually T-Gel is quite expensive (around £6 on Amazon for a small 250ml bottle) and had the misconception that it was marketed solely for men. I came across the T-Gel Anti-Dandruff Shampoo very recently in B&M bargains and paid about £4 for a small 250ml bottle. The instructions state to use it two or three times a week and although it does not mention to use intermittently with your own shampoo, I did choose to do that for a while. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised by T-Gel Anti-Dandruff Shampoo as it works wonders for my hair. When I apply it to wet hair, it often feels quite greasy and heavy on my head as it does not foam up like a typical shampoo. Initially I did have reservations about this product for that reason as I was not sure that it would properly clean my hair. When my hair dries though my scalp and parting are noticeably flake free and my hair still retains its usual body and volume meaning my curls remain in place all day. I am surprised to say that I absolutely love the T-Gel Anti-Dandruff Shampoo and although it looks a little clinical and like a medically prescribed product, but if you overlook this it is a really effective product for the treatment of dandruff. I have tried to use it sparingly, using Pantene Pro-V but unfortunately the dandruff comes back when I use my regular shampoo. It may be that I have to switch my shampoo to T-Gel Anti-Dandruff Shampoo from now on or, it may be a temporary fix until the dandruff clears up. That is something that I will have to persevere with and see.

Do you have any beauty secrets or tips to get rid of dandruff? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below Xx

1 comment:

  1. I have lots of dandruff in my head then my friend recommented to use this dandruff shampoo it gave me good result and my hair look good too.

    ReplyDelete

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...