Saturday 22 April 2017

My top 4 make up brushes product review

I celebrated my 25th birthday recently and received a fair few presents to commend my ripe old age. Amongst the presents I received what has since become my favourite foundation brush ever which has since inspired me to write a piece about my favourite make up brushes. If you are a regular reader of The Beauty Blog, you will know that I rarely splurge on make up and prefer to buy high street or online rather than designer brands. This is also true for make up brushes but it does not make them any less suitable than their more expensive counterparts. So without further ado I give you my favourite beauty brushes.


I have a somewhat large collection at home of new foundation brushes still fresh within their packaging. I almost always receive make up brushes as stocking fillers and clearly it has now followed suit on my birthdays. To add to my ever growing collection of make up brushes I received a beautiful one by so eco from Tesco surprisingly. It has fast become my favourite foundation brush, made from wood and synthetic hair, it is a real treat on the eyes. The so eco foundation brush is light and evenly weighted so it even feels feather light in your hands. I especially liked the ergonomic grooves on the brush for the thumb and forefinger to rest easily. The brush head is as soft as a dog's ear (if you can imagine how soft that is) and it works evenly to spread the foundation across the face. I really like this foundation brush as not only is it a perfect accompaniment to my make up bag, but it looks aesthetically pleasing with the light wood and rose gold finish. The so eco foundation brush has an array of credentials to add to its' name. The so eco foundation brush is cruelty free, hand cut and trimmed and vegan friendly. At a mere £5 this was an absolute bargain and I love it!


Next up is the angular rose gold brush that I received many moons ago in a long forgotten Glossybox. When I first reviewed the Luxie 504 Large Angled Pink blusher brush, I was not immediately impressed with the size of the brush head (the original review can be read here). Now however, I absolutely love the Luxie 504 Large Angled Pink blusher brush and it has since replaced my usual Angled blusher brush by AVON. I love the baby pink colour of the Luxie 504 Large Angled Pink blusher brush as well as the softness of the brush head. I really like angled blusher brushes as the shape stops you from overloading the brush with too much product. In my experience however, angled brushes do make it more difficult to tap off excess product. If however, you simply place the blusher brusher into the product rather than dabbing the blusher brush (as is often easier with flat or round head brushes) this limits the amount of excess product. The Luxie 504 Large Angled Pink blusher brush allows me to sweep my St. Moriz bronzer across my cheekbones and help to define them even more. I am so glad angled brushes have made their mark and they are definitely here to stay for me! 


I hardly ever use eyeshadow brushes, but when I do, I like to use either my eyeshading brush by look fantastic feel better or the eyeshadow brush by marsk, (which of course I have previously reviewed). The eyeshading brush by look fantastic feel better is long and thin which makes it really easy to apply powdery eyeshadows. The eyeshading brush looks and feels like a paintbrush and it is because of this design that encourages a more tapered finish.The head of the eyeshading brush is splayed out to allow a fuller coverage on the eyelid. I really like the eyeshading brush as it is both light and soft which makes applications even easier.


Last but not least is the eyeshadow brush by marsk which is shorter in length and fatter than the eyeshading brush. That said however, the marsk brush is not difficult to use as a result of its' size and is quite pleasant to use. The head is soft and fat so you can really load up on product if you wanted to! I like the bamboo finish of the eyeshadow brush as it gives it a more natural luck.

I'd love to know your thoughts and what your favourite make up brushes are, let me know in the comments below! P.S. I have a 5th favourite make up brush which I'll update the post once I've taken a picture! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...