Sunday 10 January 2016

SKINCARE SUNDAY -- Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser 75ml product review

I first bought the Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser 75ml when I first began experimenting with make up. Growing up I used to read a lot of glossy (often trashy) magazines with skincare and beauty tips. (Nothing's changed I still read them and get taken in by the recommended products and go out and buy them). It's a guarantee that every beauty mag will tell you that tea tree oil and witch hazel are amazing for your skin. Evidently the healing qualities of tea tree oil dries up your spots whilst witch hazel soothes any redness. I'm not entirely convinced by this despite owning the Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser 75ml and it's counterpart Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Concealer in Natural. Admittedly, I am forever picking my spots so of course the healing properties of the natural ingredients can't combat my symptoms if I insist on encouraging them further. That said however my spots nor skin never seem to be dried out or reduced of redness so again I'm not convinced they actually work. Like I said I've had the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser 75ml for years (literally) and I just can't seem to finish the bottle. The Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser 75ml is another product that has made its' way into my alternate make up bag but as I spend most of my time at my boyfriend's house this make up bag has since become my normal everyday make up instead.



The Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser 75ml is available to buy from Boots for £1.79 yet Amazon also sell it for a whopping £9.38. £1.79 is enough to pay but I do not understand where Amazon got their price from, that's a massive price increase in comparison. The Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser 75ml doesn't seem to be rated particularly highly by reviewers and I can see why. A little really goes a long way with the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser 75ml as too much actually encourages the skin to over produce on oils. The tee tree oil and witch hazel aren't too overpowering in scent but they are noticeable which you can smell even with make up on top. The Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser 75ml leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft and it works really well as a primer. Originally I moved the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser 75ml into my alternate make up bag as I found that my skin became too greasy and clagged with product under my make up. Having since learnt that less is more it allows my skin to breathe under the make up. I've mentioned before in previous reviews that I have patches of dry skin across my nose and cheeks at times. Despite the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Shine Control Day Moisturiser 75ml being indeed a moisturiser it doesn't seem to soothe dry patches at all which is annoying. I used it as a body moisturiser the other day in the hope that the natural ingredients would stop the itching on my leg which at the time it did. But I found that it also didn't soothe or repair the dry skin on my leg either. It is a disappointing face moisturiser but it works as a primer and smells quite nice so it's not all bad, I'm just glad I didn't pay £9.38 for mine because it's really not worth it.

Let me know what you think in the comments below xx.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...