Monday 25 January 2016

Confessions of a Beauty Blogger -- Batiste Dry Shampoo product review

I have a bit of a confession to make and pulled something of a beauty faux pas the other day. I washed my hair the other morning and applied far too much shampoo to my hair. It was one of those stupid decisions where instead of putting it back into the bottle I applied it all to my hair and assumed it would be fine. Baring in mind I'm growing my hair out from a bob so my hair isn't even shoulder length at the minute so putting too much shampoo on it was a rooky mistake to make. When I applied the shampoo my hair felt laden down and heavy and it didn't foam or lather into my hair. I wrongly assumed I would be alright with this after I scrubbed it with warm water but unfortunately when I got to work that day my hair looked horrible. The more my hair dried the more my shampoo dried into the hair making it look lank and greasy. I tried massaging the shampoo in and scrunching my hair into curls which didn't seem to help at all. I left my hair as it was for a couple of days in the hope that I could wash it out on a second attempt. I used about half as much the second time and my hair was just as bad with another application of shampoo. I'd essentially layered shampoo onto my hair and not washed it out making my hair sticky and horrible to look at and touch. So when I got home that night (shamefully both times I had to go to work with hair like that and couldn't do a thing to hide it) I did a quick Google search and found that the only way around it was by applying talcum powder or dry shampoo which are essentially the same product.


I used dry shampoo on a regular basis and it basically saved my hair a few years ago when I went to T in the Park. On a daily basis I use TRESemmé Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo spray which was recommended to me by someone. I don't particularly rate TRESemmé very highly but it's the only dry shampoo I've used that doesn't leave a noticeable grey streak in brunette hair. I don't think it actually cleans the hair but so far it's the best choice out of Herbal Essences Uplifting Volume Dry Shampoo, Aussie Miracle Dry Shampoo Aussome Volume and Batiste Dry Shampoo in Original all of which either clag the hair, leave streaks or don't clean not refresh the hair. The beauty with the powder is that it's loose enough to absorb any excess oils and grease whereas the spray just seems to sit on top of the hair and masks the residue.

After a second attempt of washing my hair with my usual shampoo I spent a solid five minutes applying the Batiste NUDE and working it into my hair. I bought this went I went to T in the Park so I wasn't gassing my friends in the tent when I applied it as I would have with the spray version. I really like the nozzle design on this bottle as it makes it so much easier to apply to the roots. The Batiste NUDE dry shampoo is quite messy so I'd avoid using it when you're ready and use an old t-shirt or a towel around your shoulders. There's quite a lot of excess powder when you apply it which seems to go everywhere but despite this the Batiste NUDE was my saviour that day.



I worked the powder in and massaged and massaged it into the scalp to really soak up the excess product. You're supposed to brush the product through the hair but I never do this as I think it makes my hair look lank. I left my hair over night after covering it in dry shampoo, applied more the next morning, brushed it through and then applied more on top of that. My hair was no longer lank and sticky but it still wasn't its' usual shiny self so I had to pin every strand I could up into a messy bun for work. The next day I braced the shower working the hair with warm water first then a small amount of my shampoo and waiting for it to lather (which it did) and then massaged my hair under the warm water until I was sure my hair was no longer greasy. The Batiste NUDE has worked wonders on my hair although talcum powder would do just the job. When I finish this current bottle I'm just going to top up my Batiste bottle with talcum powder because I like the nozzle. My hair still isn't completely back to normal as it still feels laden down with product at the back of the head but it will eventually lift with more dry shampoo and less Pantene Repair and Protect shampoo.

I hate it when my hair doesn't look it's best and I now have a new found appreciation for Batiste powder as it really did improve my unsightly hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...