Tuesday 25 August 2015

June Glossybox review

I'm a little late in posting this one as I didn't have a chance to use all the products straight away. June's Glossybox was described as having festival essentials but it's more for glamping or glamorous festivals given the contents. This was the first box that I received from starting my subscription and I still haven't used all five products.



Included in June's box were Flash tattoos which are essentially gold, silver and black glamorous tattoos, (not too dissimilar to when you were a child and billy stampers were all the rage). This time they're more grown up and pretty. If the weather keeps up I might try some of them out on my legs as I think they'd look quite nice with a tan. They're all the rage on the catwalks and it's an interesting alternative to jewellery.

The first item to be used was the Gel Nail Polish by Essence in 31 electriiiiiic. I really like electric blue nail varnishes and I have a lot already in my collection. For £1.71 it was enough to pay for the small 8ml bottle. To look at the colour in the bottle it's quite a rich vibrant blue but when applied it was more a dark navy. It wasn't the colour that I had originally wanted but it did exactly what it said it would and lasted weeks. It did chip away after a couple of weeks but it was a full month later before it had completely chipped off. The Essence nail polish is also quite thin despite it being a gel nail varnish which in my experience are normally thick. Unlike other gel nail varnishes my nails weren't ruined by the harsh layer.



The MONU Spa Rosewood Reviving Mist was a little disappointing for me. In the write up it's suggested that you can use it as a make up setting spray as well as to revive tired and dull skin. Sadly after I applied this on top of my make up it didn't dry properly and wiped my make up off. There are active ingredients like lemon, rosewood and geranium so I'm not sure how it holds up for tired or stressed out skin. It's also recommended that you can use it straight out of the bath or the pool to rehydrate your skin. It leaves a sheen to the skin which I wasn't really a fan of. Not one for me unfortunately.



I like the small convenient packet of the Halo fragrance free facial wipes but for £1.20 for 10 wipes regular purchases are needed. It stipulates that the wipes are fragrance free but there was a clear scent when I opened my packet. It wasn't overpowering at all and had a fresh and clean smell. The wipes were great and helped clean my face from dirt and make up. They work as cleansing wipes as well as a make up remover. Unfortunately the wipes weren't a match for my eyeliner and it stayed put after several attempts to rid it. The wipes are great to refresh your face and to take off foundation but any stubborn make up it doesn't quite cut it.

Lastly, I used the Kueshi Anti-cellulite booster lotion as a moisturiser. It's very lightweight and watery but it doesn't dry into the skin straight away and does transfer onto clothing. I used this at night before bed and it's recommended to use it twice a day to fully reap the benefits of it tightening the skin. I'm never fully convinced by anti-cellulite creams as surely exercise and water would do a better job than a moisturiser. Priced at £14.55 for 150ml there are cheaper moisturisers available that do a better job but it isn't marketed as being a moisturiser. You're supposed to massage the cream into legs whereas I slathered it on all over as a moisturiser. I will preserve with this and use it properly and see if there's any physical changes but at the minute it's not something that I need to combat currently.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...