Tuesday 2 February 2016

Confessions of a Beauty Blogger Part II -- Rodial Bee Venom Moisturiser and Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm product reviews

I promise you that I am intelligent but sometimes I do really stupid things that will make you question this statement (see Confessions Part I). After using the UNANI dermo defense face mask I decided to go all out and get rid of all unwanted hair on my face. As I say this alarm bells should be ringing and although they were for me I still persisted. If you've read my review on the UNANI dermo defense face mask you'll know that I had an allergic reaction to some of the ingredients so it was particularly idiotic to apply hair removal cream straight after this reaction. The pores are opened after using a face mask so it's a really bad idea to wax or apply hair removal cream onto this area. I know this yet I didn't heed my own advice and used my usual Nair hair removal cream anyway. I left it on for ten minutes as usual but as soon I applied it my top lip started to burn like nothing before. By the end of the ten minutes I had tears pricking my eyes the burning was so intense. I'm breaking every beauty rule I know, don't apply bleaching creams to opened pores, don't leave it on the skin if it's burning, wash it off immediately, but of course I didn't do any of that. When I came to wipe the cream off not only did it not take all of the hair away (which meant all that pain was pointless) it left obvious red patches on my skin. My face looked really sore and angry so I attempted to bathe it with warm water which did nothing for the pain. After this I bathed my upper lip with cold water which really helped to reduce the pain. I slathered my top lip is Vaseline as it was the only product gentle enough not to cause another reaction. When I awoke the next morning I had horrible large burnt patches on my face which was ridiculously painful.

In January's Glossybox I was missing one of the products and had a defective lippy which I complained about and received several products in the post as compensation. In this mixture of products was Rodial bee venom moisturiser which retails at a whopping £150 in most retailer for a 50ml tub. I was really impressed with this moisturiser but there is no way I can justify spending £150 to replace it. The 5ml tube that I received really isn't enough to get proper use from it as I pretty much used it up in two applications. I slathered this onto my burnt patches and it really helped to calm and soothe the skin. The tube states that it is an 'extreme performance cream with stem cell technology' which was why I used it on the burnt patches. The benefit of stem cells is that they help to regenerate your cells so I figured the Rodial bee venom moisturiser would be perfect to repair my broken skin. Admittedly, I had to cake the foundation and concealer on and reapply concealer regularly throughout the day so as to hide the horror of my top lip. The Rodial bee venom moisturiser definitely soothed and helped my skin but when I woke the next morning after removing all make up the night before I was left with hard dry patches on my face.



I used the Rodial bee venom moisturiser as a base before applying my serum and then warmed the Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm in my hands and applied it to the dry patches. There was a noticeable difference to the appearance of my skin after using the Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm. It looked quite glossy and shiny on my face as the Vaseline did at first but the Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm dried quickly into the skin. The Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm is one of those miracle products that can be used for burns, skin irritation or dry and chapped lips. It reminded me a bit of Anatomicals almond lip gloss as it has the same consistency. The Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm really worked on my dry patches and even better, you can't even tell that my skin is so dry underneath it. In future I won't be making this mistake again but if I do I will definitely re-use Rodial bee venom moisturiser and Lanolips 101 Ointment Multipurpose Balm as they were my saviour products this week.



Do you have any embarrassing beauty confessions? If so feel free to leave them in the comments below or even let me know what you think of this review xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...