Tuesday 5 January 2016

November Glossybox

I was really excited to receive the November Glossybox as it was packed full of cool stuff. Before you sign up to Glossybox you're required to fill out a quick survey so they can tailor make the boxes to you. Or so they say. I don't, nor have I ever, worn mascara or false eyelashes and I don't intend on doing so anytime soon. Fortunately for me I have long eyelashes so I don't need to bother with these little extras. I specified that I don't wear mascara so it's frustrating that Glossybox sent out two boxes one with mascara and one with eyelashes which I won't be testing out. 



I was pleasantly surprised by the MUA eyeshadow palette. A small amount of the powder is sufficient as it really does go a long way. The neutral colours are perfect my skin tone and I actually love all of the colours displayed. It's really easy to create a smoky eye with this palette as you can use the darker colours for the corners of your eye and blend it with the light shades. The palette comes with a double sided eyeshadow brush which was really soft and makes applications so easy. I literally can't fault this palette as it stayed put all day and really set my eyeliner off. I love this and it might even replace my favoured Isa Dora compact palettes (although they are a fraction of the price cheaper so maybe I won't replace them just yet). For a fiver this is a brilliant eyeshadow palette and you can create  the perfect smoky eye, I love it!



I was really excited to receive the Revlon lipstick in Nude Attitude because all the beauty bloggers are raving about nude lipstick. This was the sneak peek item which we got to choose our own shades for the box. I opted for a nude as I don't have one even though the light pink, bright pink and purple all looked very appealing. The Revlon lipstick is quite a plush looking case in all black and the lipstick itself if sheathed in a shiny gold plastic. I really liked the colour of Nude Attitude 001 as it didn't wash my face out at all. It dries as a matt finish but it did slip off the lips eventually so the usual reapplications or Lipcote are essential with this one. Unfortunately my lips are just a little too pink to be able to comfortably pull off a nude lip and I really need to buy a nude lipliner (this is on my to-do list when I a) get a minute and b) remember to do that). I've never really understood the point of a lipliner until now as when I applied the Revlon lipstick my pink lips were outlined by the lack of liner. It's definitely a complimentary make-up product that you need for a striking lip.

Next up I tried the Emite Diamond Heart Primer which retails at a whopping £25.90 for a full sized bottle although I can't seem to find out how big a bottle is. I intend to keep the Emite Diamond Heart Primer at my boyfriend's house to replace my now dwindling supply of Smashbox primer. When I first tried the Emite Diamond Heart Primer I found it to be quite a greasy formula when used in conjunction with my AVON foundation. When I first tried this out it felt like it moisturised my face but it had an obvious dew to the touch. The write up states that you can use this as a base for foundation or BB cream. I haven't used it with my BB cream yet so I might give this yet another chance but using it with my  normal foundation was a mistake. My skin produced an obvious shine after using Emite Diamond Heart Primer and I felt awful in myself. I have since tried this with my Bourjois Rose Eclait foundation and witch hazel shine control moisturiser from Boots and have found this to be a better combination. No longer did my face feel dewy or heavy with product so I think maybe the Bourjois foundation is a lot lighter than my preferred AVON foundation. After trying the Emite Diamond Heart Primer out a second time I've become quite fond of the product. My skin didn't look shiny and my make up stayed put all day. I think next time I use it however I might blend it with a foundation brush first as it comes out pinky on the skin which is difficult to blend with just your fingers. A little seems to go a very long way with the Emite Diamond Heart Primer so use it sparingly.



Lastly in November's box was the Royal Apothic Body Lotion priced at £14.50 for a full size. The packaging is really pretty and cute so this was a winner straight away. I applied this to my feet before bed and let it sink in which it did pretty quickly. The write up recommends that you 'massage it into damp skin post shower'. Unfortunately, I can't test this part out as I seem to have misplaced the moisturiser entirely. I've had this review written for a while and saved as a draft with every intention of returning to it to properly review the Royal Apothic Body Lotion. If at some point I find the elusive Royal Apothic Body Lotion I will edit this post at a later date. Sorry about this guys!


Despite the repetitive eye accessories that I don't use I really liked November's box and the MUA eyeshadow palette and Revlon Lipstick have become staple favourites in my make up bag. Until next time and thanks for reading xx

#glambassador #glossybox #beautyunboxed #glossyboxunboxed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...