Sunday 6 December 2015

Light Reflecting Concealer Reviews

I am forever on the look out for a decent under eye concealer. My favourite for a long time came from Primark surprisingly. I always compare my under eye concealer's to the one from Primark and nothing ever seems to come close to it. I bought the under eye concealer a long long time ago for £1 (cheap as chips) and unlike most pens that I've used this was a click pen that pushed the concealer out onto a brush. The concealer came in one shade which was actually the perfect shade for my skin tone. It blended really well, highlighted under the eyes and hid my dark bags. Everything you could possibly want from a concealer. Sadly, when I ran out and tried to re-buy it Primark had stopped making it. So I've been on the hunt for a new concealer ever since.



I've tried everything from W7 Light Diffusing Concealer priced at £2.99 from Amazon and more recently the Light Reflecting Concealer by Famous for Sue Moxley Cosmetics from a cheap make-up shop at the Royal Quays (it's literally an Aladdin's cave of make-up although it mainly stocks W7 cosmetics). I've even tried the under eye concealer by Witch Hazel but this is no longer available either. Yet none of the under eye concealer's have come close to the Primark concealer. The W7 Light Diffusing Concealer goes on really greasy and seems to slide around on the face. It's quite a pinky colour and really washed out my face and the brush breaks quite easily once the pen is almost finished. The bristles are quite thin and femmer and too much pressure unfortunately overloads the brush and I often found the concealer comes rushing out leaving excess liquid on your face. The witch hazel one actually was a good contender. It came in two shades and the lighter of the two was perfect for my face. It didn't last very long which was a downside of this product but it's no longer available now so it doesn't really matter.

The Light Reflecting Concealer by Sue Moxley Cosmetics is the one I've just finished. This pen was a twist mechanism instead of a click motion which took a bit of effort to get the liquid out at first. I feel like the shade was slightly too light for my skin despite having a sales assistant colour match me when I bought it. It dried quite powdery with essentially a matt finish which I wasn't overly keen on.



I've since re-discovered a concealer stick that was in the make-up bag that lives at my boyfriend's house. It made its' way into that make-up bag because at first I didn't like it and it made my face feel greasy. The concealer is now unavailable to buy from AVON and I'm not even sure of what it's called. It looks like a small lipgloss in a pale pink tube with a black lid. The applicator is essentially a lipgloss sponge that I've since realised you dab three dots under your eye and blend with a brush. Before I realised this I was applying a large stripe across my skin and trying to blend it with the applicator brush which was already covered in the product. So essentially I was just moving the concealer around my face and not actually blending it in at all. It was a long time ago that I bought this and I think it was called something like Dark Eyes Eraser but it doesn't seem to show up in a Google search. The shade wasn't too pale and left a bright look to the eyes so it's a shame that this is now discontinued.



My saving grace comes from a recent purchase this week from Kiko cosmetics. There's a new stand alone store opened up and it's always full of people so I thought I'd pop in and have a look. I must have been in about 5 minutes and I was colour matched, accosted by a sales assistant and left with a Natural Concealer in 03. I say accosted because although she was thorough and efficient after matching a colour to my hand she very quickly started applying it to my face (without warning) and poked me in the eye. Since working for my latest employer I've always been told 'people buy people first' and in this instance I definitely did not buy the concealer for the service that I received. But she was very efficient and there was a noticeable difference when compared to the other eye that she didn't put make-up on. The Natural Concealer is a similar design to the AVON concealer that I've started re-using and looks like a dark lipgloss. The tube is tiny at 3.8ml and priced at £5.50 it's quite expensive for how small it is. When applied in the shop the woman dabbed a small amount under my eye, blotted it with her finger and then re-applied a second coat and my dark circles were no longer visible. Since trying it myself I only use one application and blend it with my concealer brush.



I really like the Kiko Natural Concealer as it's not greasy nor does it leave a residue on the skin. It blends really easily and works to highlight and conceal dark areas. This is a definite beauty staple and a repeat buy providing the company still make it when I need a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advance Techniques Dry Shampoo Refresh by AVON product review

I have tried several dry shampoo products over the years which I have reviewed on this blog. My favourite is the Batiste Nude dry shampoo po...